This administration guide lays down the basic commands for those who wish to control OpenLiteSpeed from the command line.
By default, OpenLiteSpeed is installed under
- Start OpenLiteSpeed:
- Stop OpenLiteSpeed:
- Gracefully restart OpenLiteSpeed (zero downtime):
- Show OpenLiteSpeed commands:
- Reset the WebAdmin password from the command line:
- Switch between XML and plain text configuration files:
- Check OpenLiteSpeed version:
Test New Version
- Testing new version becomes easier in recent versions starting from 1.4.45:
Upgrade test to a specific version:
Upgrade test to the latest version if no parameter specified:
Recover mode can reverse back to old version with “-r”:
However, this tool only updates binary file and lswsctrl file but no other files, hence you may still see old version file at /usr/local/lsws/VERSION. To check the real bianry version, you should run
This tool is not yet to be a full upgrade/downgrade tool at this stage.